Monday, November 1, 2010

Notepad Synopsis

(I didn't get the actual notebook printed, so this is only a proof)

My recruitment notepad is a vertical 5x7, 50 sheet black and white notepad.  My target audience is high school students.  After developing my word matrix, I began to have an idea about the graphics I would include on my notepad.
            I decided to create a vector graphic, and I did this in InDesign.  I created a flower that I placed on the left hand side of my notepad.  I chose simple elongated vertical swirls to represent the stem of the flower.  In the top left hand corner of the notepad I created the flower.  I directed my target audience toward the female population of high school students, but did not create a graphic that would oppose the male population.
            At first, I placed my text on both top and bottom of the notepad.  “Graphics and Imaging Technologies” at the top of the notepad and “www.pittstate.edu/git” at the bottom of the notepad.  After class evaluations, I got a few comments from classmates that both should be placed at the bottom of the notepad and aligned to the right side of the notepad.  Arranging my text this way looked a lot better because it just looked too busy with anything at the top next to the flower.
            I left the rest of the notepad blank for writing purposes.  I was going to fill in lines on the notepad, but I realized that this would not be a good idea, as everyone has different sized handwriting.  This concludes my recruitment notepad for Graphics and Imaging Technologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment