Thursday, December 16, 2010

Final Project-Designer's Choice

For my final project I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  My cousin, Eric, is getting married in June, and although all the specifics aren't set in stone yet, I knew I could produce a peice to present to my cousin as a sample for their wedding.  After some thought, I decided to design a program to be handed out to guests as they arrive to the wedding.  I already had 2 photos of Eric and Maggie, his fiance, that I knew would be perfect for the program.

           PROJECT SPECIFICS
  • 12'x18' (2-sided)
  • Bleed 1/4'
  • Margins 1/4'
  • Folded piece (12 total "pages")
  • Target audience: guests that attend the wedding
  • Call to action: for the guests to keep in remembrance of the wedding

Even though I knew what I wanted to do, I drew up some thumbnails...




After drawing some thumbnails I still felt strongly about the wedding program idea.

I then made a fold up dummy for my project. This made it easier to look at when setting up layout in InDesign.  Here you will see the dummy unfolded.  You will see two sides.

Side 1




Side 2


This project was a lot of fun for me because it was something I could be proud of and potentially mass produce for my cousin's wedding.  Here i will provide a copy of my price quote to mass produce 300 pieces trimmed, scored, and folded.

It would cost me $301.25 to print 300 finished copies, which means $1.00 for each copy.


Here I will provide pictures of my final project:

(cover)








    No comments:

    Post a Comment