Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Newspaper Ad

For my newspaper ad, I decided to advertise the new Shellac Nail Polish.  This is a nail polish that is guaranteed to not chip or smudge.  I used a fake salon name, "Tips 'N Toes", and provided a phone number and address and my call-to-action.  This was a newspaper ad, so everything was created in an InDesign file, using black and white.  I used different size fonts and some words in all caps to keep the ad interesting, since it was all black and white.  I also used a 12 pointed star polygon with the words "Walk-ins Welcome!" inside of the star in reverse type.  This drew attention to the eye, but not enough to be distracting.  I did however, learn something important in this project.  I used an image of nail polish that I found on Google (I know, I know...) in my file, so the quality of the image was terrible.  I now know that using Google images is unacceptable.  For one, being that I had no permission to use that image, and two, Google's images are low resolution.  High quality images are 300 resolution.  I learned the hard way with this mistake, and won't let it happen again!

No comments:

Post a Comment